ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management
With increasing pressure to produce better results with fewer resources, leadership, and management capabilities are more important than ever. This programme develops the knowledge, skills, and behaviours which are needed by highly effective people managers.
It’ll take you from potential management material to a skilled, capable manager who can play a valuable role in any size of business. The qualification is internationally recognised and awarded by the UK’s leading management training organisation, the ILM, so employers will be certain you’ve got what it takes to lead a successful team.
Who is this qualification for?
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management programme has been designed for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. It particularly supports practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management and managers who need to lead people in large or small teams. This training and qualification provide a solid foundation for their role as leader/manager in a business or organisation.
The courses are delivered through a combination of online and work-based learning to develop a range of leadership and management skills, both formally and through work-based learning. This course is a blend of online learning and practical activities with full tutor support. Students submit an assignment for each qualification unit, from which they receive feedback and guidance before submitting final assessments.
When Can I Start?
In order to increase access and flexibility of entry onto our ILM qualifications we have no set enrolment dates, you can start your studies at any time, once registered you will have access to all the online study content, your personal tutor is assigned.
In addition to the online training material, we have carefully selected two textbooks to enrich your learning experience. You will be able to have these sent to your personal Kindle or reader. The two books we have selected are:
- Leadership: A Very Short Introduction
- Management: A Very Short Introduction
Key Benefits From This Qualification:
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values, and motivations
For Your Organisation
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to their organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities
- Understand the leader’s role of embedding vision, mission and values into the every-day operations
- Recognise the need for common sense of purpose
- Communicate effectively using a range of communication styles
- Understand the importance of team motivation
- Define the role of the leader in supporting and developing others
- Identify workplace problems and take a structured approach to implement the best solution
The ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management is made up of varying units with a minimum credit value of 13 credits made up of our carefully selected units. This course is delivered via our online Learning Platform with full tutor support.
– Overall Course Introduction
8600-308 – Understanding leadership
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand leadership qualities and review their own leadership qualities and potential
8600-303 – Planning and allocating work
- Know how to plan work in the workplace
- Know how to allocate work to team members
- Understand how to improve the performance of a team in delivering to plan
8600-300 – Solving problems and making decisions
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope, and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
8600-301 – Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand the effects of innovation and change on people and teams in an organisation
8600 – 359 – Understanding Good Practice in Coaching within an Organisational Context
- Understand the context for effective workplace coaching
- Understand the process and content of effective workplace coaching
8600-310 – Understanding how to motivate to improve performance
- Understand the factors that influence motivation levels in the workplace
- Understand how a theory of motivation can be used to improve performance levels
This course is a Level 3 qualification accredited by the ILM, the ILM is the UK’s largest management body, combining industry-leading qualifications and specialist member services.
Students that successfully complete the course will be invited to become members of the ILM. Student membership is awarded for 6 months once you register for the programme, students that successfully complete the course are also invited to become members of the UK College of Personal Development.